Career and_life

【VDO English】Answering Strange Questions

2019-05-19

VDO English英語教育平臺

設計給英語學習愛好者,以及不斷要求進步的你!

我們獨具富有特色的原創影片,不但可以提升你的英語聽力、會話及理解能力,還帶動你的多角度思維,刺激大腦,發掘你的智力潛能。

影片種類豐富,新聞資訊、消閒玩樂、職場技巧、飲食旅遊、國際英語考試,應有盡有,你需要的英文知識,我們都已準備好,一起來學習吧!

Facebook 專頁:http://bit.ly/2u7wdtc

 

Hello everyone, welcome to today's news, I'm Francis.

大家好,歡迎收看今天的新聞,我是Francis。

Being enrolled in a top university is probably every student’s dream.

被頂尖名校錄取或許是每個學生的夢想。

But no matter how much you study for the application, you may come across a question that you never expected.

但不論你為入學申請準備了多少功課,你或許都會遇上意想不到的問題。

Earlier this month, Oxford University released an admission interview question from All Souls College: “Would you like to be a vampire or a zombie?”

本月初,牛津大學公佈了萬靈學院的一道入學面試題:“你想當吸血鬼還是僵屍?”

It immediately sparked a heated discussion among the public online, as many people tried to answer the question.

這道題目很快引發網友熱議,不少人都試圖回答這一問題。

Vampires and zombies are two popular creatures in Western folklore. In 2009, Lucinda Rumsey, of Mansfield College at Oxford University,

吸血鬼和僵屍是西方民間傳說中的家喻戶曉的兩種生物。2009年,牛津大學曼斯費爾德學院的露辛達•拉姆齊

also asked English literature applicants about the Twilight books, a series on vampires written by US author Stephenie Meyer.

曾問過英語文學專業申請者一道關於小說《暮光之城》的問題,該系列小說由美國作家斯蒂芬妮•梅爾所著,講述的是吸血鬼的故事。

“A good English student engages in literary analysis of every book they read,” Rumsey told The Telegraph.

“一名優秀的英語專業學生會認真對讀過的每本書進行文學分析,”拉姆齊在接受《每日電訊報》採訪時表示。

And it seems there’s no magic answer, other than the one that’s inside your head.

除了你自己頭腦中的想法之外,這道題似乎並沒有神奇的答案。

“No matter what kind of educational background or opportunities you have had,

“不論你擁有何種教育背景或機會,

the interview should be an opportunity to present your interest and ability in your chosen subject, since they are not just about reciting what you already know,”

面試都應成為一次展現你對所選學科的興趣和才能的機會,因為這並非只是背誦所學知識而已,”

Samina Khan, director of admissions at Oxford University, wrote on the university’s official website.

牛津大學招生主任薩米納•汗在該校官網上寫道。

Indeed, what Oxford University really wants is to encourage its applicants to think outside the box

的確,牛津大學這麼做的真正目的在於鼓勵申請者們能跳出條條框框去思考,

and explore the unknown fields they previously failed to venture into, The Independent noted.

並且探索他們以往未曾涉獵的未知領域,《獨立報》指出。

 

 

Below, TEENS has picked out some other unusual university admission questions. See if you can answer them for yourself.

《21世紀學生英文報》選出了一些其他古怪的大學入學考題。看看你自己能否作答。

 

1. Do you want to be a novel or a poem?

1. 你想成為一部小說還是一首詩歌?

2. How much of the past can you count?

2. 你能記得多少往事?

3.This is a bark. Please say something about it.

3. 這裡有塊樹皮。請你對此說些什麼。

 

 

觀看更多視頻,歡迎下載 VDO English

IOS:  http://apple.co/2vdIde9  /  Android:  http://bit.ly/2vblxN6

 

更多職場資訊:https://bit.ly/2NLMiSZ

 

閱讀上一篇

【VDO English】Cheung Chau Bun Festival - Hong Kong